Thursday, September 26, 2013

Well, Duh.

Apparently my theme this week is promising one topic and then giving you another one instead. I'm keeping you on your toes! So here's what I was originally going to talk about on Tuesday but then didn't, because reasons.

Chances are really good that whatever you need to do, you already know what it is. Whether it's changing your eating habits or changing your sheets, you know what's just not working for you. Right? So fix it! Sure, Rome wasn't built in a day, but make a game plan, plot out the baby steps, follow through and you'll be great! Or decide that even though you know you need to change this you're just not invested enough to actually do it. There's really nothing wrong with that, I don't think - just be honest with yourself. I have way more respect for people who say, "I should probably lose weight, but I just love cake and cheeseburgers too much," than people who tell me that they don't understand why they're not losing weight and then later tell me about how excited they are that it's Halloween candy season and that they've eaten two whole bags of it in the last five days (seriously. I hear this kind of stuff all the time).

On the other hand, sometimes we don't know what's not working. As I've said before, it can be really hard to tell when you're dehydrated. On a personal note, when I started teaching pilates full-time it for some reason took me a shamefully long time to figure out that I'd need to majorly increase my calorie intake in order to keep up with the fact that I was now exercising a whole lot more than I had been and I was kind of a wreck for several months. When you don't know what's not working, never be afraid to ask for help. Ask your doctor, ask a health-minded friend, heck, ask me!

So there's today's super-simple assignment: identify what's not working, and fix it. Or don't! Just make a conscious decision either way.

Feel-Good Friday tomorrow! Frankly, I'd declare today Feel-Good Friday if I could but unfortunately I don't have that kind of authority. But we can make it until then. It's something to look forward to!

- Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment